Pain is the worst physical feeling a person can experience. People describe the problem as a constant throbbing, pinching, or stinging sensation. Now and then, people come across this unpleasant sensation due to injury, sprain, or stress. While everyone experiences pain, it usually lasts for a relatively short period. However, some people having medical conditions like arthritis, cancer, etc., might experience constant agony.
It is easy to manage most kinds of pain by taking an over-the-counter pain killer, but sometimes, people get extreme pain that requires more potent medications to control. One such potent medicine for managing excruciating pain is – Codeine.
What Is Codeine?
Codeine is a prescription opiate medication that helps people manage their moderate to severe pain. It is a potent medication that is readily available on a doctor’s prescription. Anyone with a prescription can buy Codeine online or at the local pharmacy without any hassle.
Doctors usually recommend using this drug when other non-opioid options fail to produce any significant pain reduction. They also only prescribe this medicine for short-term use because it becomes ineffective when used for an extended period, and it can also be habit-forming over prolonged usage.
Because the primary ingredient in this drug is an opioid substance, the DEA classified it as a controlled substance in the United States. Meaning, you cannot purchase it without a prescription. However, plenty of online medical stores provide you an option to order Codeine online without a prescription.
Uses Of Codeine?
Doctors primarily prescribe this medicine to manage moderate to severe pain, but they can also recommend treating other conditions, including coughing and diarrhea. While this medicine is potent enough to manage the pain, doctors often ask the patient to use them in combination with other drugs or exercise to manage the painful experience better.
If you plan on using this drug for any of your problems, try consulting a doctor about proper usage before deciding to buy Codeine online.
How Does Codeine Work?
When you consume Codeine, it reaches the brain and binds with the mu-opioid receptors to induce its analgesic effects. This drug triggers the release of certain brain chemicals or neurotransmitters that help reduce discomfort by blocking the pain signals from reaching the mind.
This medicine inhibits the neurons from carrying out their task of relaying pain signals from the body to the brain, which tricks the brain into thinking that the body is not experiencing the excruciating pain.
Is It Safe To Use Codeine?
If you plan to order Codeine online and start using it to manage pain, make sure to do it under a doctor’s guidance because this medicine might not be safe to use without professional supervision.
When using this drug, you have to make sure that you are consuming it per your doctor’s recommendation—taking more than the prescribed amount, making it difficult for you to breathe, and might result in a fatal overdose. Similarly, using this drug for more than the prescribed period can make you physically or mentally dependent on it.
Before deciding to buy Codeine online, you should also look at what you should avoid and do. These things will help you minimize the risk of encountering this drug’s adverse effects.
- People with asthma and other respiratory issues should stay clear of this drug, as it can worsen breathing problems and cause life-threatening issues.
- People with stomach or intestine blockage should also not use this drug, as these problems can increase this drug’s stay in the system, resulting in higher chances of side effects.
- Other medical conditions can also make the use of this medicine unsafe. These problems include liver disease, kidney disease, low blood pressure, enlarged prostate, head injury, brain tumor, an underactive thyroid, mental illness, etc.
- Also, try not to use this drug with other prescription or non-prescription medications, especially other opioid medicines, because they can interact with Codeine to produce severe adverse effects.
- While using this drug, avoid consuming alcohol and other intoxicating substances like marijuana, as these substances can worsen this drug’s side effects.
- This medicine can make you sleepy, so try not to undertake any activity that requires you to be focused, like driving or operating hazardous machinery immediately after taking this drug.
- This medicine is not helpful for children, so people under 18 should refrain from consuming it.
- Never share your medicine with others, especially with those having a history of drug abuse, because giving away opioids is against the law.
- This medicine can be habit-forming even at prescribed doses. So, when you decide to terminate the treatment, don’t abruptly stop using it. Ask the doctor to lower the dosage gradually over a few weeks to minimize the risk of unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- This medicine’s single dose can be fatal for children. So, make sure you don’t leave it in an easily accessible place.
- Try not to use this medicine during pregnancy, as the unborn kid might become dependent on the drug, resulting in life-threatening withdrawal symptoms at birth.
- This medicine can also pass into breastmilk and cause various undesirable effects on the nursing infant, including extreme drowsiness, breathing difficulty, or even death in rare cases. Make sure to consult a doctor before using this drug if you are breastfeeding.
- Strictly control older people’s dosage because they are more susceptible to this drug’s adverse effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of Codeine?
Please be aware of this medicine’s side effects. Often people buy Codeine online and start using it only to find themselves experiencing severe adverse effects. When using this drug, follow the doctor’s guidelines to avoid the below-mentioned side effects.
Common side effects
- Stomach pain
These side effects usually have a lower intensity and last for only a couple of days.
Serious side effects
- Breathing problem
- Loss of coordination
- Muscle stiffness
- Increased heart rate
- Unusual behavior or thoughts
- Sleep apnea
- Noisy breathing
- Urination problem
These side effects might become life-threatening if not treated on time, so if you experience them, immediately visit the ER or call 911. Also, let the doctor know about these adverse effects.